1. We Believe-The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21
2. We Believe-There is only One True God–revealed in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22
3. We Believe-In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
His virgin birth
Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31; Luke 1:35;
His sinless life
Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22
Acts 2:22; Acts 10:38
His substitutionary work on the cross
1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21
His bodily resurrection from the dead
Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4
His exaltation to the right hand of God
Acts 1:9; Acts 1:11; Acts 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3
4. We Believe-though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 3:6; Romans 5:12-19
5. We Believe-Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God by trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior
Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 2:11; Titus 3:5-7
6. We Believe-and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) The Lord's Supper as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
Baptism in Water
Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Romans 6:4
The Lord's Supper
2 Peter 1:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26
7. We Believe-Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
Romans 6:1-11, 13; Romans 8:1-2; Romans 8:13; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 2:12-13; 1 Peter 1:5
8. We Believe-All the gifts of the Holy Spirit at work in the church of the first-century are available today and are to be earnestly desired and practiced. They are essential in the mission of the church in the world today. His supernatural gifts are for the edification of the Body and the work of ministry in the world.
1 Corinthians 14:1; 1 Corinthians 14:40
9. We Believe-The Church has a Mission to preach the Gospel to all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 1:22-23; Ephesians 2:22; Hebrews 12:23
10. We Believe-A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
Evangelizing of the world.
Worship of God.
Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
Meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion.
Psalms 112:9; Galatians 2:10; 6:10; James 1:27
11. We Believe-A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:8
12. We Believe-and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21; Revelation 22
13. We Believe-that marriage is a sacred relationship that is between one man and one woman. Marriage is used as a symbol that describes the relationship between Christ and His bride, the church.
Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:18-25; Ephesians 5:25